Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Things Friday.

My sister is the one who originally got me interested in blogging. I love keeping up with her blog. Never did I think that I would be able to keep up with MY OWN blog, considering she has had to send me the link to hers about a thousand times because I continuously lost it in my damn bookmarks. 1. I am not computer challenged, I swear. The bookmarks section on my IPhone is just way too confusing for this chick. I'll just continue to keep all my windows up and drain the crap out of my battery. 2. I am not a horrible sister either. That she can vouch for. 
To ensure that I keep up with my blog and get at least one post in per week (at a minimum, of course), I will start my "Five Things Friday" lists. All this is, is Five things that happened throughout my week that are somewhat noteworthy that I have not touched on in previous blogs. So - Here goes nothin'-   

FIVE THINGS FRIDAY

  • The Washington D.C. Zoo has a new baby Panda named Bao Bao. My mother is the BIGGEST animal lover you will ever meet in your life. I mean - She watches the "Bao Bao Camera" while she is at work. Well, I get a call from her after only being at work for about an hour and she sounds so concerned. "Bao Bao is stuck upside down in a tree! A tree that is SO high up!! I am worried! She is exhausted and looks like she is going to fall! I hope she is able to get down!"
    Tragic - I KNOW. Unfortunately, hell on earth (my office), has the D.C. Zoo's website blocked. Yup - thats right. I am not able to look at all the adorable animals, or watch bao bao stuck in a tree, but I am able to spend 2 hours writing a blog. WACK. Don't worry, My mother sent me screen shots all day:
Mama was right there when she finally shimmied her way down the tree after being stuck for 5 hours. You go Bao Bao.


  • One of my biggest loves in life is shoes. I mean, I have this insane bond with shoes that can't be broken. Throwing away a pair of shoes just isn't an option. That's like throwing away a piece of my soul. Unfortunately, my amazing collection of shoes has been gathering dust. So, although I am not required to dress up too nice for work, I broke out some shoes that I purchased and never wore. They have just been begging to be worn for MONTHS. The fire in my heart for shoes is burning yet again, and I am loving it. 

  • Community Yoga Tuesdays. My sister is my best friend in the world. (READ HER BLOG.) Unfortunately, a couple years ago she left me. That bitch moved an hour away from me! BUT, we have made due, and found excuses to see each other. This week was the first week that we started taking a community yoga class. We took one yoga class together when we were much younger. Once the part came where everyone is sitting criss cross apple sauce and humming the peaceful "omm" chant all at the same time - we lost it. One of those laughs where in a dead silent room, you just cant hide it. We had no idea they did that in real life. Well, this Tuesday, the only thing she tells me before we walk in - "Don't fart. EVERYONE will be able to hear it." Duly Noted - Don't Fart. I think I can handle that. Well we were in some kind of squatting goddess pose, and my old lady hip decides to pop. Has your hip ever popped? It feels amazing, but TOTALLY sounds like a fart. Lauren's back was to me, but I know that she heard it because she started to turn he head towards me. I immediately had to look away because I could feel the laughter coming. Once we make eye contact in a situation like this, theres no stopping us. The laughter tears start flowing and they just don't stop. I can't wait for future yoga excursions. 
    Bear and Boar
  • First day of spring: March 20. Weather Report for Saturday March 29th and Sunday March 30th: Rain Rain Rain. And apparently when they said rain, they meant a good 4 inches of snow. What the hell mother nature. TEN days into one of my favorite seasons ever and you decide to throw MORE fluffy white shit at us? This is just rude. Obviously due to the hatred of the frozen precipitation falling from the sky, I sure as hell wasn't going to document this sad spring day the way you would during the first snow of the WINTER season. Fear not, during the blizzard Clay captured a wonderful photo of his brother who obviously embraced the first and last snow fall of the 2014 spring season. (Photo Credit: Clay Gwin. CCG Media. Model: Eric Gwin. Obviously Eric wasn't dressed properly for the weather.)
    What is this, some kind of Under Armour Ad or something?
  • Smores Brownies. I mean... There is no explanation needed here... (Credit goes to Mrs. Gwin. She is an amazing cook.) 

I hate to say it, but I didn't get the chance to try one of these bad boys. It is OKAY - Just looking at them is like being in heaven. 



No comments:

Post a Comment