Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Day In The Life

I have always been told by friends and family that I should start a blog. Personally, I thought everyone was crazy. Not saying that I have nothing to say to contribute to the world of blogging, but in my mind, my days seem to be pretty basic. It's the things that happen in between the basic day to day routine, that make my life a little less average. A normal day in the life of bear goes a little something like this:
Average: Alarm goes off at 5:00AM. Snooze about 3 times (on a good morning.)
Bears Life:Snooze alarm every 9 Minutes from 5AM - 6:15AM. Now this is not a daily routine. My boyfriend (Clay, A.K.A Boo) and I watched the Wolf of Wall Street. Great movie, kind of strange, and 3 hours long. We decided to watch it around 10:00PM, not knowing it was as long as it is. Needless to say, we didn't go to sleep until about 1:30/2:00AM. This does not bode well for waking up at 5:00AM. So, fast forward 3 hours, and my first alarm goes off. Worst. Sound. Ever. I mean, no matter when i hear that horrid sound, whether it is on a commercial, or blaring out of my phone and alarm clock at the same time at the ass crack of dawn, it makes me cringe and immediately makes me want to punch a wall. Moving on. So my alarm starts going off at 5:00AM. Snooze. 5:09AM. Snooze. 5:18AM. Snooze. After three snoozes, I normally get my lazy ass out of bed. Nope, not on this particular morning. On this special morning, everytime that horrid blaring alarm went off, in my dream it was the most wonderful sound in the world. It was the sound of me winning mass ammounts of money. Millions of dollars at a time. More money than i could imagine making in a year. So from 5AM - 6AM i had made about 6 million dollars at the least. I had convinced myself i didn't need to go to work. I mean come on, 6 million + in one day? Why would i need to go to work? 6:12AM - My alarm goes off for the 7th time, and reality strikes. I am not a millionare. I need to leave the house in 33 minutes. And i still need to shower. Fuck.

Average: Get in the car, sit through early morning rush hour, arrive at work, diligently work for 8 hours, and finally sit through evening rush hour.
Bears Life: I just recently started driving a stick shift. So sitting in early morning rush hour is absolute hell. I got the car on a Saturday. And had to learn how to drive in traffic the next Monday. I was still learning how to drive the car in general (which Clay did a fantastic job of this over the weekend. I must give credit where credit is due. BUT there was no traffic on a Sunday), let alone stop and go stop and go stop and go. I guess you have to learn somehow, right? Anyways. Once I arrive at my place of employment, commonly referred to as hell on earth, around 8:00, i jump right to work. AKA emailing my mother Katie and my sister Lauren, snap chatting clay, and writing this blog. I work in a corporate office of a healhcare company. I sit in my cube and keep to myself most of the day. I get a thousand emails a day involving stupid shit i dont care about. But there are quite a few that i love recieving. Like this, the first email i get today:
From: Lauren
Subject: WE DANCED ALL NIGHT TO THE BEST SONG EVER
I love one direction. I can't hide it anymore.
These are the kind of messages that get me through my day. It is now 10:30 and I havent started working yet.

Average: Go home from work, make dinner, get ready for bed, and repeat the next day.
Bears Life: Towards the end of my never ending 8 hour work day, Clay and I dabble in conversation about what we want for dinner. This always ends in me ending up deciding, and looking up a new recipe. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love cooking, and I love cooking for him. All I am trying to say, is that after 6 months of deciding what to have for dinner, ideas get scarce. Not to mention we are now trying to eat healthy, which makes this whole thing that much harder! Fear not! I always find something spectacular. So, although my recipies may not always be healthy, I will share with you my favorite Bear Nom Recipes. After dinner, we climb into bed, put a movie in, and end up going to bed WAY later than a person who has to wake up at 5:00AM should.

Bear Nom Recipe Of The Week:
Szechwan Shrimp
(I apologize if the link doesn't work. I am still getting used to this whole blog thing. If it doesn't work, here is the URL: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/szechwan-shrimp/ . If it does work, AWESOME!)

No comments:

Post a Comment