Friday, January 30, 2015

Hibernation

I. Hate. Winter. I am totally one of "those people" that wishes for cold during the summer, and wishes for warmth during the winter. Fall/Spring are by far my favorite seasons. Not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket. (Had to quote good old Cheryl Frasier. Couldn't have said it better myself sista!)

I like to look at snow. Untouched snow is the best, absolutely beautiful! I just don't understand the thrill of playing in the snow. It's just not my "thing." Even as a child, I would be pumped to go outside and play with the neighborhood kids. But the second the snow dampened my socks and all my clothing, it was game over. I just can't find the fun in not feeling my fingers or toes, every inch of my body being cold, and then when you try to warm yourself up in the shower, it physically HURTS. Like that one time we vacationed in Deep Creek during spring break, and it snowed. Someone bet me that i wouldn't get in the lake, The lake that had a thin sheet of ice on it. I cracked right through, sat in the lake, and immediately realized why this was such a bad idea. I felt my bones turning to ice. So what did I do? I ran up to the house and got in the hot tub. I'm surprised my bones didn't literally shatter. 

And now, as an adult with no children, the only good snow brings is either a delay, or on the rare (non existent) occasion, a snow day! But this winter, all we are getting are these dustings that just make everything a little more inconvenient. The one delay we had this year, i didn't even know there was a delay so i went to work on time! Typical.

I am over you, Winter. 

I know this is totally irrelevant, but this is where Rota is insisting on sitting right now.
Makes it really super easy to see what i am writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment